Order management is the facilitation of all retail order data and processes—from storefront to front door. It automates the receiving, routing, fulfilling, tracking, notifying, (and potentially returning/exchanging) of orders
Order management system is an intuitive way of empowering brands and retailers for enhancing efficiency and increasing profitability. It is a very promising platform for brands and retailers who want to monitor their orders and smoothen their last-mile delivery process.
Point of Sale (POS)
A Point of Sale (POS) is technically a system in a retail store from which you conduct the sale of physical goods. In a store, a POS is where the checkout happens, orders are processed and bills are paid.
POS typically contains: POS system,POS Software, POS Terminal,
product information management (PIM)
The Product Information Management System (PIMS) (e-Catalog) is a software (web/mobile) designed to manage the product data such as;
- Basic product information (Code/ name / Product family)
- Media (Images / Demonstration video)
- Descriptive data
- Transport, handling and storing conditions
- Brochures guide to installation or use
- Meta data related
The System enables the product data specialist to manage and enrich the product information to the system according to standard phases starting with
- The management of basic product data (Product Data Mgmt.-PDM)
- Then the phase of enriching this data with more detailed and descriptive information supported by multimedia such as images, introductory videos and brochures (Product Information Mgmt.-PIM)
- Till the phase of periodically reviewing, updating, revising and cleaning data (Master Data Mgmt. – MDM).
The PIMS empowered by effective data management tools for Product Mapping to optimize the best product data user experience such as:
- Product Multi Brand/Multi Cross Code/Multi Cross Name
- Product Cross-Category / Cross Product Family (Sub-Category)
- Mapping other Cross-Sell Product
- Mapping other Up-Sell Product
The PIMS landing page (eCatalog) provided with multiple Product Search and Reach tools such as:
- Search Engine (Product Name, Product Code)
- Filtering Tools (Make, Use, Product Group and class)
- Browse and Navigate (Product Category, Product Family)
The PIMS is available as Software as a Service (SaaS) system in annual subscription base or can be customized as per the customer use case and easy to integrate APIs to any eCommerce platform of sales order management system.